Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Look Up

This morning as I sat working, I had a CD of Kathy Triccoli playing in my office and she began singing “Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus” and my thoughts went back years ago when I wrote a Bible Study for Women based upon the Fairy Tale story of Repunzel.

In the lesson I told the story about an ugly evil old witch who was so jealous of the beautiful baby girl born in the kingdom that she stole her away and took her to a far away land and locked her in a tall tower and made sure there were no mirrors or reflective surfaces in the tower. Each day the ugly old witch would come and tell the girl that she looked just like her, so she grew up into a young woman not knowing any difference. One day as she was on her balcony at the very top of the tower a handsome young prince saw the beautiful maiden and had to meet her. When he could find no way up to her, he called up to her “Repunzel, Repunzel let down your golden hair”. When he climbed up to her, she wouldn’t look at him in the face and would keep her face turned saying “I am too ugly for you to look upon”. Lovingly and gently he took her face into his hands and turned her face to his and when she looked at her Prince face to face, for the first time she saw her true reflection in the eyes of her Prince.

These days I MUST keep my eyes fixed upon Jesus, my Prince of Peace, my Lord of Lords. This song really blessed me and I wanted to share it with you.

Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus
O soul, are you weary and troubled?No light in the darkness you see?There’s a light for a look at the Savior,And life more abundant and free!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,Look full in His wonderful face,And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,In the light of His glory and grace.
His Word shall not fail you—He promised;Believe Him, and all will be well:Then go to a world that is dying,His perfect salvation to tell!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,Look full in His wonderful face,And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,In the light of His glory and grace.
Scripture also tells me…
Ps 33:18 - The LORD's eyes are on those who fear him, on those who wait with hope for his mercy

Ps 34:15 - The LORD's eyes are on righteous people. His ears hear their cry for help.


So I know that my Prince of Peace is watching me and all I have to do is look into my Lord’s face for strength and help and declare …

Ps 141:8 - But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge

Ps 121: 1-2 “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.”


Ps 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

No comments: