Thursday, April 17, 2008

A New Day Dawns

I went to a family member’s wedding this past weekend. I thought it would be very difficult emotionally, but I looked into the faces of the young couple as they said their vows to one another and I saw that special New Love. The wedding brought back some precious happy memories and I remembered the look on my husband’s face at our Wedding and even remember after the ceremony my mother-in-law telling me “Watching how you two looked at each other, this marriage can’t help but last”. I shared with the young couple that marriage is a choice and that Love is for a lifetime and that it really is “until death us do part”.

I am finding with the passing of my husband of 30 years my is life changing so rapidly and I am having to learn things all over again. Everything is different now. I’m even having to change my verbal responses to people because it is no longer “Us” or “We”, but “I” and “Me”. It feels like every morning God is presenting some new and exciting opportunities for me to explore and fill my days as A New Day Dawns for me.

God has blessed me so much with my friends and family and the outpouring of love that I feel from each one is so unbelievable, yet all of their love can’t fill the empty place in my heart from missing my husband, but I am purposely trying to fill my thoughts and mind each day with all the years of Good and Happy Memories and the Love that we shared.

Now, I must grasp each New Day that Dawns for me and seek God, hold tight to him and trust him to show me the way. I know that God has a special plan and purpose for me and my life and that his way is perfect. I must also walk through the new doors and seize the new opportunities that God is laying before me.

I received an email from a cousin that gives you a link for you to type in your birth date and it will bring up your special Birth Date Scripture which I did. My scripture was found in I Corinthians 7:17 (NIV) “Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him…”

No comments: