Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Through My Valley of Tears

I’ve never been one to display many of my personal emotions in public. Certain members of my family had formed the opinion that I was even a bit hard hearted because even at funerals and the death of my grandparents and sisters I didn’t show much emotion. Grieving has always been an extremely personal time for me. I’ve always done my grieving in private. However, these days after losing my husband, I find that uncontrollable emotion and tears easily and frequently flow and it doesn’t matter who I am with or where I am.
As women all of us go through deep dark valleys at times. Some are divorce, illness, death---there are all types of enormous places of sorrows for us to go through and find ourselves in a Valley of Tears. God doesn’t promise us a trouble- free life, but He does say that Valleys of Tears will eventually become pools of blessing. We must always remember to choose our attitudes. I have to constantly remind myself that I alone must decide to trust Him during this difficult season or I can bury myself in bitter self-pity.
“When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs, where pools of blessing collect after the rains!” Psalm 84:6 (NLT)
Psalm 27:14, “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord” (NIV).
Psalms 147:3
“He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.”

Psalms 55:22
“Cast your burden on the Lord and he shall sustain you. He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.”

Psalms 30:5
“For his anger is but for a moment, his favor is for life. Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy cometh in the morning.”
Although the pain and loneliness I feel may linger for a long time, I know the Lord will lead me out of my Valley of Tears to a Life filled with Victories and one day I will be standing on a mountain top again.

No comments: